Celebrating 2 YearsOctober 7, 2020
Celebrating ✨ 2 years✨and every single dang year before that on the journey here👉
2 years since I quit my job and began my journey as self-employed.
• people would think I only did it because I got married, not because I could actually earn for myself.
• that many would call me a sell-out for not just doing what I’d done for a decade: work for free (or close to it)
• that I’d fail
• that nobody would respect this work as legitimate
•All of the above!
What I’ve learned:
• people will always make assumptions of you, it is not your truth
• I have failed a few times! And always learned from it. I know now that in the efforts, much has been learned that will lend itself to my entire resume and career no matter what the path
• when a woman makes a living in unconventional ways, it has, historically, always been questioned/mocked/frowned upon. Find peace in that.
Thank you to those who have been here for any slice of the last 12 years.
Thank you to those who push me to not apologize or hide success in the last 2 years but rather, celebrate it.
None of this is without you. 🙏